Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 31, 2007

Our First Full Week

It has been an amazing first full week of school. We have had so many successes that I am even more excited than ever to be teaching. What great kids you have! I am so lucky to have them in my room and have the opportunity to teach them and learn from them.

Just a few notes of interest:
No School Monday - Labor Day
Parent Information night (with free pizza and daycare) is on Wednesday the 5th. This will be something you don't want to miss!
Friday the 7th - Book Orders are due

I am going to be starting a "Typing Club" next week just for fun. I'd like to introduce the kids to keyboarding and using the computer more independently, but I just don't have enough time with them during the day. So many books to read, so little time... So I decided I'd hold Typing Club from 8:00 to 8:25 every morning in my room. Kids will be selected depending on a number of things and will join the club for a full month. During the month they are assigned to we will be working on a number of different skills. Some days the will simply be playing a keyboarding skills specific CD-rom by themselves, other days we will do a whole group lesson. Though kids will be assigned a month, they don't have to come every day. Remember, this is just for fun - not required by any means. The more they are able to come to typing club the more they will learn and progress, so keep it in mind as a good use of time. If you don't want your child to participate I don't have any problem with that.
The kids that I am hoping will join me for Typing Club for the month of September are:
Robby, Kiera, Asia, Amber, and Alex.
I'll keep an updated list on the blog, so you can be aware of when your child could be a part of our club. Every child will have an opportunity to be a part of this during the school year.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. The best way is via email or the comments area on the blog. Thanks for your support!
-Mrs. Biles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Biles, thanks for all the notes. appreciate the extra time you put in to keep us in the loop. Mitchell is enjoying you and the class.
we wanted to let you know that we won't be able to make "curriculum night". much to our dismay, we have a conflict that night.
Rick