We are focusing our study of writing this week on: Where do Writers Get Ideas?
This is a fun study where we get to look at published authors and see what they have said about where their ideas come from. We will be looking at book jackets, dedications, blurbs from the author about the idea, and even watching some author interviews. It is unfortunate that we don't have enough time to watch all of the excellent author interviews this week, but I would highly recomend that you go to ReadingRockets.org and check out some of the interviews that are posted there. Just click on the author's name on the left hand side. Some of the author interviews I would recommend are:
- Tomie dePaola
- Mark Teague
- David Shannon
This week we will continue playing the card games as well as take our first look at pattern blocks and geoblocks.
Isiah asked me last week, "When do we get to do science?" How about right now? This week we get to start our exciting unit on Plants! We will be investigating if a plant can grow from a bean. We get to dissect a bean and start growing our very own bean plants.
We have an exciting week planned and I can't wait to find out what I will learn next from such an amazing class!
No comments:
Post a Comment